2017 Topps Definitive Autograph Relics #DCAR-RH
Why am I questioning myself? Well... whenever I think of Rickey Henderson... one of the first things that pops into my head is the trade that sent him to the New York Yankees back in December 1984.
However I rarely even think about the trade the sent him back to the A's in the Summer of 1989 which helped the Athletics win the World Series that year.
This morning I was reading an article about some of the biggest MLB Trade Deadline deals of all-time which refreshed my memory.
Hopefully from this point forward I'm going to focus on the positive and remember what Rickey brought to A's fans... instead of dwelling on the trade that broke the heart of a twelve year old Oakland A's fan.
Speaking of heartbreaking... please send positive vibes out to the victims of yesterday's tragic event at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. I wasn't there... and haven't attended in decades... but each year thousands of people attend this famous festival. As of right now, I haven't heard of any friends or family members who attended, but my heart goes out to anyone who was directly affected by this tragedy.
Happy Monday and sayonara!


0 Comments